Things to Ask Before You Hire a Carpet Cleaner Expert
Hiring a contractor can be overwhelming, here are a few things to ask before you sign that contract.
- What kind of pricing do they offer? You can ask questions about pricing over the phone. It is also recommended that you shop around for a good estimate and a good pricing, ideally you should get two or three estimates before hiring a carpet cleaner.
- What type of cleaning method(s) do they use? There can be many techniques to clean carpets, from water extraction, shampoo, dry-chem, eco friendly, the options are endless, make sure you do your own research before getting on the phone with them.
- Are you bonded or insured? The use of chemicals to clean your rugs can ruin your carpets, so make sure your carpet cleaning company is insured just in case if this happens then you’re covered by their insurance. You can also request insurance proof from the carpet company to be emailed to you.
- How long will it take for my carpets to dry? This is important because it will tell you how powerful their machines are. On average it can take up to two days for carpets to dry if you use the steam method, and about two hours if you use chem dry. If they tell you longer than two days their machines might not used the latest technology so you’re better off looking for a different carpet cleaner.
- What kind of warranty do you offer? It’s common for professional companies to offer a 30-day warranty. Make sure that this warranty it is all in writing in the contract before you sign.
- Can you provide references from previous customers? This is very important as it will allow you to see references from past clients. Remember you want a carpet cleaner that experience with carpets and not just someone who's new in the business.
- Are your technicians insured? You want to have this in writing as you don't want to be held liable in case there are some incident in your house.
- Are your technicians certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration? This certification proves that the technician has received extensive training in carpet care and will deliver an excellent service.
- How long have you been in business? It's important to look for a company that has good reviews.
- What services are included in the quote in the free estimate? It's vacuuming including included?
- When the carpet cleaners arrive at your house home to clean your carpet make sure you point at any problem area or any stain so that it gets more attention. Finally, be patient before moving anything around the house. You must wait a few hours for the carpet to be fully dry before doing anything like putting furniture back in the rooms or walking around in a carpeted house.